The CTSG Collab! The CTSG Collab!

OMFG

I DIDN'T EVEN WATCH IT YET AND I KNOW IT WILL BE FUCKING AMAZING!

Good job.

Rig responds:

DID YOU WATCH IT YET

No mans Land No mans Land

I can't believe nobody caught it!

10/10 simply for Starcraft sounds!

Nice stick animation, this is one of the few stick movies that doesn't give stick animation a bad name!

The Victor Tenzen Squad 2 The Victor Tenzen Squad 2

Did you even use my music in this?

Ok dude, what the hell is this? I mean, it's funny, but you didn't actually use my music. This is a bad thing, as now I can't edit my submission, but it's good because it makes it more popular.

You can use this because I'm done with the track for now. Otherwise, I'd have asked you to remove my song from the track list.

Thanks man!

Music Quest Music Quest

Cool Tool, Needs Work

Very cool concept. I really like the ability to find music like that and to listen through easily. Very useful for DJs such as myself.

However, there are a few issues I've noticed:

a. The genres need some serious work. I'd advise you giving Ishkur's guide to electronic music a look for some inspiration on how to organize your genres, but a few are WAY too broad. For example: house. You're not going to find what you want by searching for simply house music. It needs to be more defined than that. Another example would be Drum N Bass. Tons of variety so it's hard to be specific.

Maybe consider adding a "filter tags within playlist" option? So you can find, say, 90s Drum N Bass.

b. Sometimes the text is too long and cuts off near the bottom. Perhaps implement a scroll bar or only call a few lines of it?

c. Religion is spelled wrong.

d. No volume control as far as I can tell. I have a mixer so it's okay, but for most people this would be something worth fixing.

Overall, it has a lot of potential and I'm excited to see how it will improve in the future!

Circls Circls

Very cool!

Now, I like the style, and the music fits well (XD)!

Here's what I think, though: the key system is a bit, well, clunky. How about simply mousing over or clicking on them instead? That would work well, because when I got a fast "A" circl, I was unsure which button to press, as I don't know my way around the keyboard very quickly (I can obviously type fast, though).

Overall, good game, good concept, looks great! Nice job!

knugen responds:

The "sequel" will have different types of circls, one of those types will require you to simply press the button.

(Also, there's a reason why I've made three difficulty levels ;] )

Portal: The Flash Version Portal: The Flash Version

Great game...

This game was awesome! It was really fun to play, and you got the concept of the game just right! Most of the coding was perfect, although I noticed a few minor glitches, nothing serious! Awesome stuff guys! A level editor would be cool too.

@ The reviewer below me... SHUT THE FUCK UP! This is a great game, you don't understand how much work these guys must have put into it, giving it a one because of a few minor glitches! Shame on you! >:(

Kitty Kitty

Interesting mood, interesting track. Some thoughts, in no particular order:

- Watch the interplay of your ideas here. Your pad (bass?) has a lot of low frequency content which could end up clashing with your kick drum (also low frequency content). Your LF only has room for one thing at a time, so it's useful to make a decision. Lots of choices, to fix it though (sidechaining, selective EQ, etc.). EQing the pad/bass differently might not be a bad idea, so you can emphasize its (currently subtle) note changes. Otherwise, the mixing is acceptable.

- "This is one DJ you don't wanna fuck with" is a pretty overused sample. Always be careful with vocal samples. Many come off as cliche in this day and age.

- The groove could definitely kick in earlier (though it is a nice groove actually). The intro might bore audiences. However, if you're getting someone to rap over it, it might be cool to have an intro like that.

- If it's going to stand on its own, it needs something else. Another sample, another hook or riff, something to change it up. It starts to drag after a while. Nothing super huge, just another element to spice up the track.

Not too familiar with this genre, so I wish I could give more targeted critique. Keep up the hard work.

- Nav

Ecstacy in Paradise+*~.0 Ecstacy in Paradise+*~.0

Cool!

I love the twinkly melodies and the mixing, sounds very "Chron" to me. It's very airy, and reminds me of many of your earlier works. Mixing sounds fine, nothing blatantly wrong to comment on.

In response to those who say it sounds like B0UNC3, I'd agree it does sound similar, but Chron's making the sound his own, so who cares?

Keep up the good work!

- Nav

Chronamut responds:

Yay - I'm glad I was able to inject some airy "chron" into it and that it was noticeable :)

and exactly - and that's what music is all about- you can't patent a trance progression!

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

xKore - Technology xKore - Technology

Cools

Dubstep seems to be the big thing as of late, replacing "minimal deep tech"... And quite frankly, this ain't bad, although it's kinda missing the point of dubstep.

Dubstep is a combination of "Step" and "Dub"... Dub is an old genre originating from Jamaica, mostly built around giving elements room, creating a sort of "space" within a tune. Step in this sense implies grimy elements.

Anyway, about your tune. It's definitely got the step to it. Great dirty shit throughout. However, I feel that some parts could be given more room. Sure, there are EXCELLENT little bits throughout, like that part after the big middle build kinda thing, where it drops to the basic drums and the bass... That was just superb. However, I feel like there are too many elements to this (I guess)... It needs more space.

I love how you can hear the highs on the reverb when it's bare, but it's not bare often enough. Maybe you could change up the hat line so it's not playing straight 8th notes? Anyway, cools, I enjoyed it more than most NG tuenz...

9/10 5/5

Brotscape Brotscape

Classic...

Traditional Mandelbrot set... nice. However, we're years past that. It'd be nice to see you DO something to it, such as adding coloring effects, blur, overlays, anything to spice up that old set.

Good to see that there's another fractal fan, though ;)

Glaiel-Gamer responds:

i did this like 2 years ago

Simple Detail Simple Detail

Very Cool

Reminds me of some futuristic spiked beast or something similar to what you see in modern CGI-type films. I like it. Very detailed, and I really like how the colors are placed.